Friday, March 20, 2009

Honaorable mentions and my LEAST favorite shows

In my first post I listed my favorite shows. SInce that list was (for the most part) made off the top of my head I, naturally, left out some shows that could easily be in that list as well.
Here,then, in no particular order are some of my other faves :
The Shadow,The Green Hornet,The Bickersons, Broadway Is My Beat, Barry Craig, Calling All Cars, Crime Classics, I Was A Communist For The FBI, Halls Of Ivy, The Amazing Mr. Malone, Screen Directors Playhouse, Crime Club, Academy Award Theater, True Detective Mysteries, and a few others as well. There are just so many great shows to choose from that it's hard to pick just a couple faves.

A few shows I'm not too crazy about :
The Avenger ( a poorly done Shadow rip-off, in my opinion)
The Whisperer ( a bit too corny , even for the genre and era)
Dark Fantasy ( I just listened a few of the episodes I have on file and nothiong special jumped at me)
Any of the musical type shows (not that they are bad, just not my cup of tea
Duffy's Tavern ( I know it's a "classic" but I just never found it to be that funny. Sorry. :)
Some of the comedies just because a lot of the jokes relate to current events as they were at the time and I don't get the references is all.

Until next time : Happy Listening

No comments: