Wednesday, March 18, 2009

How the death of a Beatle sparked my interest in OTR

The day after John Lennon was murdered I was flipping around the radio dial for any and all things related to the shocking news. I happened to come across a station that was playing the Lux Radio version of "Angels With Dirty Faces" starring James Cagney. Having been a fan of old movies, I decided to stop and listen. I had always been aware that radio had once been the prime source of entertainment for most people back in the day but had never really paid much attention to it. After the show was over the radio station reminded listeners to tune in for their regular 3 hour long "Owl Prowl" broadcasts starting at midnight every night on their sister station. I tuned in that night and have been hooked ever since.

What got you started?

No comments: